Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions and for a safer and speedier service, repeat prescriptions are computerised. You can request a repeat of your medication in 2 ways:
- Deliver or post a request form to the surgery, or
- You can order your prescriptions on-line.
- Via your nominated pharmacy
Your Requests for repeat prescriptions are not taken over the telephone for medico-legal reasons, as errors can occur in verbal communication.
Requesting Repeat Prescriptions By Delivery Or Post
How to order your medication:
- We require three working days for your prescription to be processed.
- If you are receiving any medication which is not on your request form, please add this clearly on the request slip and this will be added after verification with the doctor.
- Clearly indicate where you would like the prescription form sent on the Repeat Prescription Request Form.
Collecting your prescription and medication:
- You can collect your prescription from the surgery and take it to a chemist of your choice, or for convenience we can send your prescription direct to a chemist of your choice. If you request us to send your prescription to the chemist all you have to do is collect your medication, there is no waiting for your medication to be dispensed.
- We can send your prescription direct to the following chemists: Kamsons Pharmacy (previously known as Martins), Harrison’s Pharmacy, Park Pharmacy, Bakhai Pharmacy, Day Lewis Pharmacy, Green's Pharmacy, Boot's Pharmacy or Tesco’s Pharmacy. Alternatively you can arrange for collection with your local pharmacy.
- Some chemists provide a delivery service – please contact them for more information.
- We can also send your prescription to your home address, but remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
Always check your medication:
- You should always check your medication for any changes.
- You may also notice that the name of your medication has altered. This is due to the surgery policy of not prescribing brand name drugs.
- If you have any queries, please ask the pharmacist or receptionist.
Requesting Repeat Prescriptions On-Line
This is a secure method of requesting your repeat prescriptions on-line through our computer supplier EMIS. Before you can start ordering your repeat prescriptions on-line or use any of the other EMIS Access features, you must first register your details for this service. You must attend the surgery in person with two forms of identification 1) photographic 2) proof of address and ask at reception for a registration form. This provides all the information you need to register to use the EMIS Access internet facilities.
For further information and instructions on how to use Emis Access, please go to our ONLINE SERVICES. If you are housebound and unable to come to the surgery to register but would like to use the EMIS Access facilities, please contact the surgery and speak to a receptionist for more information.
If you wish to collect your prescriptions from a chemist not mentioned above, you MUST clearly state which chemist you wish to use when ordering your medication.
Download our booklet on how to register and order repeat prescriptions online